This is a timeline of events in For All Nails in the year 1971.
Return to FAN chronology.
- 26 January 1971 - General Computing co-founders Geoffrey Bild and Charlie Lee learn of a breakthrough in the manufacture of miniaturized electronic components.
- 10 February 1971 - Robert Contreras reflects on the plunge in oil prices, the recent devaluation of the Mexican currency, and President Dominguez' decision not to run for reelection.
- 17 February 1971 - In New Granada, Colonel Alexander Elbittar is disgusted with the corruption and incompetence of the government of hereditary President Augusto Hermión.
- 11 March 1971 - On his 18th birthday, Ferdinand Hohenzollern reaffirms his renunciation of the Spanish throne.
- June 1971 - King Frederik Gustav of Scandinavia dies in an airmobile accident.
- 18 June 1971 - Robert Contreras addresses a business group.
- 9 July 1971 - In Quebec City, police captain Lucien Reynard reflects on "L'Affaire Stapleton".
- 11 July 1971 - King Christian Gustav II of Scandinavia attends his father's funeral.
- 5 August 1971 - A Scandinavian atomic submersible is commissioned in Riga, Latvia.
- 22 August 1971 - King Frederick of Poland suffers an assassination attempt.
- 12 September 1971 - Robert Contreras has a bad day at the office.
- 19 September 1971 - USM presidential candidate Immanuel Moctezuma is forced to improvise at a campaign rally in Guadalajara. That evening, he meets with Robert Contreras in Chapultapec.
- 1 November 1971 - Historian Robert Sobel finishes work on his dual history For Want of a Nail . . ., adding a note that the USM has no atomic bomb.
- 6 November 1971 - Immanuel Moctezuma is elected President of the USM.
- 4 December 1971 - Gavril Ducevic and Nikola Jelic discuss the state of affairs in German-backed Croatia over a game of chess.
Proceed to 1972.